Global Call for Nature-based Projects 2023: Connecting restoration and conservation projects with suitable funders and investors
3 August 2023 – Today marks the official launch of the 2023 global call for nature-based projects. This initiative seeks to connect those involved in nature restoration and conservation with the right funders and investors, enabling innovative solutions that foster a sustainable future.
Key Highlights of the Call:
- Open to all nature-based projects, without any restrictions on size or type.
- No participation fees for project developers; easy and quick submission process via explorer.land.
- Projects will be featured in a structured, dynamic database and interactive map, offering geo-transparency and storytelling opportunities.
- Multiple funding options, including carbon credit-based funding, ecosystem services investments, CSR funding, and corporate sponsorships.
- Applications on a rolling basis with an end date of December 31st 2023.
About the Process:
The call for projects will run until the end of 2023, accepting applications on a rolling basis. Selected investors will receive access to the database throughout the campaign. The initiative will culminate in a project exhibition and workshop at the 2023 NOAH Conference Zurich.
A Q&A webinar was hosted on August 3rd to answer any questions regarding the application process. A recording is available here.
How to Apply to the call for projects 2023:
- Register on explorer.land if not already registered. Your explorer.land profile will enhance your geo-transparency while providing storytelling opportunities.
- Submit your project’s funding needs. All nature-based projects are welcomed.
Why This Call?
With a shared mission to enhance nature conservation and restoration, the initiative aims to bridge the gap between project developers and funders. This call simplifies the process of connection, enabling more investments and funding to flow into vital nature-based solutions.
Partners and Supporters:
The initiative is backed by leading organizations including NOAH Conference, The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), Future Forest Initiative, Callirius, EnverX, Earthshot Labs, The Global Rewilding Alliance, WeForest, The Nature Data Alliance, and NICFI Satellite Data Program.
explorer.land is a platform for project developers to enhance geo-transparency and communicate their stories, providing a vital link between projects and funders/investors.
For further information, press materials, or interview requests, please contact:
Join us in this extraordinary effort to protect and restore our planet. Apply now and connect with the resources that can make a difference.